In the field of Linguistics, the PEN Català works for:
- The promotion of knowledge and to recognise people’s collective rights.
- The promotion of acts of solidarity with oppressed people.
- The organisation and promotion of studies, publications, seminars, congresses, solidarity campaigns and exhibitions that help spread collective rights to all people, namely linguistic rights.
- Support all initiatives that coincide with PEN Català’s objectives, including those that are not dependent upon us.
- Collaborate with the Translations and Linguistic Rights Committee of PEN International in order to disseminate minority cultures and languages and help resolve conflicts in which they are often involved.
- Monitor the evolution of the state of languages and linguistic conflicts in the world.
- Widely spread the values of solidarity, peaceful coexistence and respect for the dignity of all peoples.