PEN Català promotes literary translation in order to disseminate Catalan literature in other languages and gives support to the translation of universal literary works into Catalan.
See the programme’s objectives:
- Promote social and intellectual recognition of writers and translators.
- Contribute to balance the differences between languages and literature by means of specific initiatives.
- Promote recognition and dialogue between cultures and literary traditions.
- Analyse the situation of literary translation in Catalonia through inquiries that help detect possible deficiencies in the cultural infrastructure. Ensure that all these reports are available to the general public and administrations.
- Support all its members regarding the recognition of their professional activity as writers and/or translators.
- Ensure the quality and the future of literary translation in Catalonia.